Rosuvastatin 20mg Tablet - Crestor - 1 box
Reduction of elevated total cholesterol (total-C), LDL-C, apolipoprotein B (ApoB), total-C: HDL-C ratio triglycerides & increasing HDL-C in hyperlipidemic & dyslipidemic conditions. Reduction of total mortality & risk of major CV events in adults w/ increased risk of atherosclerotic CV disease based on presence of CV disease risk markers. Primary dysbetalipoproteinemia (type III hyperlipoproteinemia); primary hypercholesterolaemia (type IIa including heterozygous familial hypercholesterolaemia & severe non-familial hypercholesterolaemia); combined (mixed) dyslipidaemia (type IIb); homozygous familial hypercholesterolaemia. Adjunctive therapy to diet to slow progression of atherosclerosis in adults as part of treatment strategy to lower total-C & LDL-C to target levels. Adjunct to diet to reduce total-C, LDL-C & ApoB levels in adolescents at least 1 yr post-menarche, 10-17 yr w/ heterozygous familial hypercholesterolaemia.
- Rosuvastatin Ca 20mg
- Individualized dosage. Usual initial dose: 10 mg once daily
- Patient requiring less aggressive LDL-C reductions Initially 5 mg once daily. Dose adjustments can be made after 4-wk interval. Max response is usually achieved w/in 2-4 wk & maintained during chronic therapy.
- Severe hypercholesterolemia at high CV risk Increase dose to 40 mg
- Ped patient 10-17 yr Heterozygous familial hypercholesterolemia 5-20 mg daily. Dose adjustments should be made at ≥4-wk interval. Max dose: 20 mg daily. Asian patient Initially 5 mg once daily
- Predisposing factors to myopathy Recommended starting dose: 5 mg. Severe renal impairment 5 mg once daily. Not to exceed 10 mg once daily