Empagliflozin + Metformin - Jardiance Duo 5/500mg Tablet - 1 box
Type 2 DM as monotherapy in adults inadequately controlled by diet & exercise alone & for whom metformin is inappropriate due to intolerance. Add-on combination therapy with other glucose-lowering drugs eg, insulin & when diet & exercise is inappropriate. Reduction of CV death risks in patients w/ type 2 DM & established CV disease.
- Per 5 mg/500 mg FC tab Empagliflozin 5 mg, metformin HCl 500 mg
- Adult 1 tab bd. Max: Empagliflozin 25mg & metformin 2,000mg daily
- Treatment-naive patient Initially 5mg/500mg bd. Max: Empagliflozin 25mg & metformin 2,000mg daily
- Switching from separate tab of empagliflozin & metformin Initiate based on current empagliflozin & metformin dose
- Inadequately controlled on max tolerated metformin dose or in combination with insulin Empagliflozin 5mg bd & current metformin dose
- Renal impairment eGFR 60-89mL/min Max: Metformin 3,000mg & empagliflozin 25mg daily, 45-59mL/min Initially, metformin not >1,000mg. Max: Metformin 2,000mg daily, 30-44mL/min Initially, metformin not >500mg. Max: Metformin 1,000mg daily